Avernum: Escape From the Pit review
Published & copyrighted by Spiderweb Software
Calopsitas.org is not an official representative or the developer of this application. Copyrighted materials belong to their respective owners
Avernum is an epic fantasy role-playing adventurer set in an enormous, subterranean nation. Avernum is a land underground, a subterranean nation full of rogues, misfits, and brigands, struggling for survival and wealth in the monster-infested darkness.
You have been banished to the underworld, never to see the light of day again.
The surface is ruled by the cruel Emperor Hawthorne, master of the Empire. All of the known lands are subject to his brutal command. Everyone who speaks out, misbehaves or doesn’t fit in is cast into the dark, volcanic pits of Avernum, far below the surface. There, you are expected to die, a victim of starvation, horrible monsters, or simple despair.
But not all of the Avernites have surrendered. With magic and steel, they are forging a new nation deep underground. You can join them and fight for safety. Or freedom. Or, if you dare, revenge on the surface-worlders who tried to destroy you. Join your new countrymen, explore a huge game world, hunt for hundreds of magical artifacts, choose from hundreds of quests, and become the hero of the underworld!
- Epic fantasy adventure in an enormous underworld.
- Huge outdoors, eighty towns and dungeons, and hundreds of quests.
- Three separate game-winning quests. Seek safety, escape or revenge. Complete just one or all three!
- Unique races and settings make Avernum different from any adventure out there.
- Hundreds of side quests and magical artifacts to discover.
- Rich game system with over 50 spells and battle disciplines and a multitude of beneficial character traits to choose from.